Ahem... Jason Holley now calling

~ ~

My husband's been out of town for the last few days and my creative energy has been pulsating. It's a good thing but at the same time I miss him and I'm glad that he'll be back soon. I've been doing everything and anything to keep myself busy, to the point that I made myself sick. I had to slow down and I started to read and I found an illustrator that is amazing. His name is Jason Holley and his work has captured me.



My all-time favorite artist has always been Frida Kahlo and I feel a big similarity in the work of Jason Holley and her work. In this article that I read about him, he doesn't really mention Frida as an influence or mentor but when I look at his work, it's a big part of what I see.



This is one of my favorite paintings by Frida, see the similarities? There is a lot of symbology in it. You can read more about her here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 - Felizitations
IniMinimalisKah is proudly powered by Blogger